Peter Drucker famously stated that the primary purpose of a business is to create value, finding and keeping customers.
To do that well the core functions of an operation are innovation and marketing.
• Innovation – to continuously discover, build and deliver unique solutions that generate lasting customer value
• Marketing – to create and keep customers through compelling product market fit.
– A desirable solution, one that your customer really needs
– A feasible solution, building on the strengths of your current operational capabilities
– A profitable solution, with a sustainable business model.